Yoga Nidra, also known as Yogic Sleep, is a meditative practice that allows your consciousness to reach a powerful place between your sleeping and waking state.
This state of mind is transformative and can be used to promote stress-relief, deep relaxation, and lessen anxious feelings. Yoga Nidra is most useful when used as part of a preventative practice as it promotes a deep physical, emotional and mental relaxation, cultivating a greater sense of well-being.
This type of meditation is well suited for people who suffer from sleep issues, anxiousness, stressors in life, or for those who simply wish to experience a deeper peace of mind and greater relaxation.
Here are some benefits to help you consider including Yoga Nidra as part of your self-care practice:
1. Provides deep muscular, emotional, and mental relaxation
2. Cultivates a relaxed state which helps to release stress and anxiety
3. Increases energy levels
4. Aids in healing and stabilizing your endocrine system.
“Yoga nidra is the yoga of aware sleep. In this lies the secret of self healing. Yoga Nidra is a pratyahara technique in which the distractions of the mind are contained and the mind is relaxed.”
– SATYANANDA SARASWATI
5. Helps to detox your body
6. Promotes deep inner mind awareness
7. Improves creativity connection
8. Lowers blood pressure, cholesterol, heart rate, and levels of adrenal and cortisol
9. Provides clarity of mind
10. Powerfully restores your whole being as 1 hour of Yoga Nidra equates to 4 restful hours of sleep.